Sunday, October 11, 2009

An Open Letter to HP: Part II

Dear Sir,

With extreme regret I am writing my final letter to you. I wrote my earlier letter in the 3rd week of September,2009 with full details of services endured by the notebook dv9312tx between July 2007-September 2009. The warranty is valid till November 2010. For your reference I am re-uploading it to Rapidshare as it was 3 pages long.

http://rapidshare.com/files/289767949/hp_original_letter.docx

I won’t deny it but HP India contacted me soon after I posted the above letter. Two customer care executives spoke to me over phone. Inspite of my repeated statement that the notebook suffers from perennial problems and even 4 services couldn’t rectify the defects, they continued to stress on the idea that I should once again take my notebook to the nearby service centre. This would have been my 5th service. Already the notebook is using its 3rd system board with nvidia graphics,2nd LCD panel,2nd Fan and 2nd optical drive.

However, taking into account the endless loss of productivity and business hours which I have incurred on account of this notebook, I have decided not to go for any more service as it would only temporarily rectify the problem and delay the motherboard failure which is imminent after every 4-5 months.

What has frustrated me is that each time an executive contacts me I have to explain them everything and begin from level zero. And each time they have said that I need to go to the service center. Sorry but I have run out of patience. Even after spending Rs 72000(Rs 65000 for the notebook and additional Rs 7000 for extension of warranty), I have not got the desired level of satisfaction from the product which I purchased based on my prior positive experience with HP from 2001-2002(2 printers and 1 notebook).

I am extremely saddened to inform you that I have to opt for a new notebook in future as it has become virtually impossible for me to store my valuable data in a notebook which is so unreliable. Moreover I work in a private sector bank, so a reliable machine is very crucial for my day to day work.

Hoping for a patience reading.

Thanking You

Yours sincerely,

Pranjal Patowary

pranjal1984@gmail.com

No comments: